road

road

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Flourless Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's Saturday -- you've been working hard all week-- don't you deserve a cookie (or two)? I know I do!! I found this recipe several weeks ago via Pinterest (Is there anything you can't find on that site?). I'd give credit to the original blogger/site but the link seems to have gone dead. I'm glad I took the time to write it down!

I have to say this is one of the easiest cookie recipes I've ever tried. Very little fussing and you don't even have to break out the mixer if you don't want to! What makes this even more amazing is that it uses NO flour at all. That's right-- NONE! So this is for you, my gluten/grain challenged friends (or if you just happen to be out of flour.....).

Overall, I loved the flavor of this cookie. You really will not miss the flour at all. I also didn't miss the fine dust I inevitably scatter all over the kitchen any time I do use flour! These cookies puff beautifully in the oven. The texture does tend toward the slightly crumbly-- especially when warm. Based on this, I strongly recommend letting these cool for a few minutes ON the pan to prevent unfortunate breakages.

Hungry yet??



Recipe: Flourless Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: approx. 2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky-- I use a no sugar version w/peanuts, palm oil + salt)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (~ 6 ounces or 1/2 a bag)

Directions:
1) Mix all the ingredients together.


2) Scoop by tablespoon (or mini cookie scoop!). You can roll them, drop them or smush them with 2 forks.



3) Bake on a cookie sheet @ 350 F for  about 10-12 minutes for a drop or scoop, more like 7-9 for smushed.





If you get going, you can have cookies in hand in less than 20 minutes. I know that I had the batter together before my oven had even preheated! So get to it!!

As always, feel free to comment or ask questions!! And, if you "like" what you see, click on the button to add us to your Facebook feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment